Monday, October 17, 2005

New Skype Phone!

Linksys has just released a new phone that works directly with Skype. You can read more about it here. Essentially what you do is plug it into your computer and then you can use the phone just like a regular one. The difference being that it uses VoIP to effect the call, rather than a traditional phone line.

What I'm not clear this phone has though, and what I'm definitely holding out for is a model that can access both Skype on the computer for long distance calls and the regular phone line for local calls.

1 comment:

dgnyhk said...

Such a thing already exists. It's a USB dongle that enables you to Skype with your mobile phone via bluetooth. It's in my blog somewhere, email me for the company details, they're in Korea.
Also FYI, there's a Skype module that enables video-con, I have not tried it yet but hear it's great.