Monday, September 05, 2005

Vancouver Island Wedding - Part 4

I had not gotten back to my hotel room until well after midnight. I thought I was exhausted but I guess I was still energized because I just couldn't fall asleep. So I turned on CNN and watched a recap of the Katrina disaster. Eventually by around 3am I nodded off. By 8:30am I was awake, got changed and was soon on the road. I stopped at the same Tim Horton's as yesterday for a much needed coffee.I arrived at the ferry terminal in Nanaimo around 9:30am and got right on to the next sailing at 10:40am. This was a relief because I feared I might have to wait for awhile. This ferry was part of the older fleet and not typically the type one sails upon when going between Vancouver and Victoria. For the first part of the journey I planted myself right out on one of the front decks. With the sun shining brilliantly, the wind blowing on my face, and beautiful scenery all around, it was an absolutely splendid conclusion to what had been a perfect weekend.
The ferry arrived a little after noon into Horseshoe Bay, about 10km northwest of downtown Vancouver. I hadn't taken this route for decades so now with my digital camera, I was busily snapping away the million dollar views! Rather than taking the main highway home I instead turned off at Exit 0 and took the old Lower Levels route through West Vancouver. Though quite windy in places, it's much more fun and scenic to drive along.

Yasmin & Mike & Cinder & Aya, thank you for an incredible weekend!

No comments: