Sunday, September 04, 2005

Vancouver Island Wedding - Part 3

Sometimes I [jokingly] complain about how difficult it is to be a male in today's society. Today was NOT one of those days! There were so many beautiful women all around, including my friend, the bride. And "Dressed to the Nines" they all were, making it, as David Letterman likes to say, very easy on the eyes!
I departed Victoria around 10:30am and got up to Ladysmith just after noon. I immediately went over to the bride's parents home to see how the preparations were coming along. Then I continued on to Transfer Beach to do the same. It had been raining off & on, though just lightly for 30 minutes or so at a time. With nothing more to do but wait, I went to my hotel room, changed, and then drove back to the house to get my boutonniere attached to my lapel. I returned to the wedding area in plenty of time. People trickled in eventually and all were assembled by 3pm. It was raining a little by this time but everyone had umbrellas. I was given a towel to dry off the chairs before people sat down.

The ceremony itself was absolutely wonderful! It was very different from any I had seen before. The magic and love in the air was clearly palpable. Right after the ceremony the sun came out from behind the clouds, just in time for the photos. I helped get the chairs back to the local Recreation centre where we had borrowed them from. My stomach informed me how famished I was, so I stopped by a Tim Horton's for a sandwich and a coffee. This gave me time to download the day's photos and prepare them for a slideshow I'd present later.
The reception was held in the Rotary Hall, near the downtown area of Ladysmith. It was so beautifully decorated, with burgundy red, white, and gold the prominent colours. The western-style dinner was supplemented by a special lamb curry provided by the bride's mom and her aunts. Everything was incredibly delicious! I think the entertainment highlight of the evening was the multimedia presentation given by the bride's two sisters. They should take their "personality plus comedy act" to Las Vegas!!

This is a weekend I will fondly remember for a long time!

No comments: