Sunday, September 11, 2005

A Blog Entry About Blogs

I just heard a very interesting radio interview by Peter Warren with famous Canadian blogger, Kate McMillan. Like my mom, she's from small town Saskatchewan. Her site, Small Dead Animals, has just hit the 1 Million hits mark.

She touched upon many of the reasons that motivate me to blog. I laughed out loud (LOL) when she said, "I've always been a news & political junkie and frequently find myself yelling at the radio when I hear something outrageous." My god, I thought *I* was the only one who did this!!! It's comforting to hear that there are other thinking people out there who are also disgusted by the lack of fairness and objectivity amongst so many in the mainstream media (MSM). This is especially true of Canada's pathetic CBC that, just like in any 3rd world dictatorship, is simply the mouthpiece for the ruling cabal.

One caller to Warren's show commented on the Globe & Mail's columnist, Jane Taber. I fully agree with his assertion that Ms. Taber is openly vying for a senatorial appointment. Her weekly discussion with CKNW morning show host, Bill Good, is almost always a devout love-in with the federal Liberals. If in the next 20 years, neither of these "journalists" become a senator then I will be absolutely shocked!

I don't know about you, but I'm ecstatic with the emergence of blogs over the past few years. Though no blogger can be "held to account" for his/her comments (ie. are they facts or opinions?) their presence has clearly revealed that the long held adage that MSM reporting was unbiased and purely factual was a pile of horse manure! While the low barrier to entry makes it easy for any tin-foil nutcase to start spouting their opinions, I'm convinced that more credible bloggers are an effective force to keep the MSM in check. And nobody can argue that that is a good thing!

No comments: