Thursday, September 29, 2005

Playing with Graphics

I love my digital camera. It's very compact & lightweight and I can (and do) take it everywhere. But any serious digital camera owner should also get some good photo editing software. Many people use Adobe Photoshop but I like Paintshop Pro. Besides the basic cropping, light adjustment, and red-eye removal, one can go further and add some subtle or even wacky effects to any photo. Shown here is the original photo, followed by two others that were derived from the first. The only limitation is one's imagination. And speaking from the perspective of someone who has very little overt artistic talent, these graphics software packages are a true gift from heaven! Before editing any of your own photos be sure to make copies first!

1 comment:

dgnyhk said...

You can do all that in PhotoShop, too. I think the very best aspect of graphics tools is the ability to do so in *layers*. It makes editing and undoing so much easier!