Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Special Day - Part 2

My mom took me out for dinner at a restaurant she won a dinner for two at. The Indigo Bistro is located on the ground floor of the luxurious Sheraton Wall Centre Hotel. Looking inside, one might get the sense that they've entered a laid back, funky diner. But much like the famous Delano Hotel in Miami Beach, the Indigo is a prime example of simplistic elegance, especially suited for the nouveau riche and the film industry crowd that, I get the sense, frequents this place.
The service was impeccable and the food was pretty good. Though at $30+ per entree, I thought the prices were a bit steep. But they probably do a pretty good business with the folks who stay at the hotel. And for my mom & I, it was indeed a really nice evening.

This last photo is an interesting one of the lower section of the Wall Centre Tower. At 150m it's currently the tallest building in Vancouver. I love the way the other buildings reflect off its windows.

No comments: