Monday, August 29, 2005

Blog Spam

Well, as often happens with many things in life, it takes only a handful of selfish idiots to wreck something for everyone else. A few days ago I started receiving blog messages that were, in fact, nothing more than advertising. So I've been forced to turn on "word verification" to stop automated systems from publishing comments on my blog. I really wish I didn't have to do this but I consider such comments to be like graffiti on my house.

The most galling one was from a fellow who was advertising his fitness crap. When I wrote him to complain, I got an automated message back saying that he receives so much spam that he has had to implement a word verification system of his own! He also had the words "God Bless" in his response. How's that for being a complete hypocrit on several fronts!!!

I look forward to reading all non-spam comments. But please respond to the issues at hand. Don't disrespect my blog, as I won't disrespect yours.

P.S. To this very comment I immediately received 4 spam messages. :-(

No comments: