Friday, July 22, 2005

A Vancouver Evening of Surprises

What a great Friday evening I just had. I rode down to Spanish Banks Beach and played about 3 hours of fantastic beach volleyball. Playing on sand is something I hadn't done in a long time and it's a lot harder than it looks! There were also three interesting scenes around us:


  • A group of young women, all fit, all tanned, all wearing bikinis were playing soccer on the sand. I've had fantasies like this but had never seen it in the flesh ... so to speak!
  • 3 heavily tattooed guys were taking photos of a bikini-clad woman who I guess was a model. The odd thing was though that they had no special photographic equipment and their camera was just a tiny digital one like mine. Hmmmm, is this a ploy I should have thought of long ago?!?
  • A wedding took place right on the beach. It was a glorious setting and a perfect day for it. Congrats to the new couple!

On my way home I passed by Kitsilano Beach and came across this new restaurant which must have just opened up! I don't know what the food is like but here's the scene they have from the open-air upper deck.
Vancouver truly is a very special, wonderful place this summer, full of magic and surprises everywhere!

No comments: