Friday, May 09, 2008

Mark Steyn on TVO

In case you're wondering, here are the 3 Law Students on the show:

I have no dispute with their right to express their views. In fact, I strongly encourage it. But I find it disgusting and abhorrent that they're trying to silence Mr. Steyn from expressing his views. And then there's the whole issue of them trying to shake down Maclean's magazine.

Thankfully, their anti free speech views have now been exposed to the Canadian public and Canadians are rightfully appalled. While the three of them appear as well coiffed Yuppies, they are absolutely no different than the Thought Police George Orwell warned us about. While watching this video, don't ignore the fact that this trio are advocating that the Canadian Government be allowed to tell you and me what we're allowed to say and ultimately what we're allowed to think. Stop for a second to consider what this means. Potentially, one could use it to silence any blogger, any comment on any blog, any author, any journalist, and any writer of a letter to a periodical. If that doesn't scare the hell out of you then go and get some serious help!

I've actually read Steyn's book, America Alone, cover to cover. And in no way is what he wrote "hate speech". If you disagree then please give me the page and paragraph number of where I'm mistaken.

No comments: