Monday, March 10, 2008

Sansei Sushi Redux

I just had to try the amazing Sansei Sushi again before I left Hawaii. To ensure I got my food order in by 6pm, thus getting the 50% discount on the sushi (Sundays and Mondays only), I was first in line, at about 4:45pm, half an hour before the doors opened.
Joining me in the Sushi Bar line was a wonderful family that just arrived from Alaska yesterday: Debbie, Ron, Chelsea (12), and Austin (almost 8). What's somewhat incredible is that they just happened upon this restaurant by accident. They had no idea that it offered the very best in Honolulu and that by arriving when they did, they'd get the big discount.This time around, on the advice of a local I met last time, I tried the Dungeness Crab Ramen with Asian Truffle Broth. Wow, absolutely delicious!!! This was the best tasting soup I've ever had. The medley of flavours is indescribably good. Trust me when I say that I consumed every last drop!

Of course, I had to have a few sushi offerings too. Both were yummy!


No comments: