Saturday, March 15, 2008

Barack Obama: The End is Near

Mark Steyn provides a calm, eloquent article on why Barack Obama's campaign is now doomed. I'm actually saddened, because I was really hoping for an election between John McCain and Obama, where actual issues would be discussed and then the American people would decide which path is best for them. Instead we're going to get Hillary Clinton facing McCain and her and Bill are sure to turn the campaign into gutter politics from Day One.

Long before the actual presidential campaign though, we're going to have a long, drawn out fight between Obama and Clinton. And it's going to get messy. Great theater, but extremely sad for the Democrat Party.

With the recent hate speech revealed from his pastor of 20 years, Jeremiah Wright, Obama will lose though. Between Wright's "God Damn America" speeches and Michelle Obama's, "This is the first time as an adult that I've been proud of my country" vitriol, no intelligent Democrats are going to commit their party to electoral suicide.

3 comments:

Christian Prophet said...

It's not about the pastor. If Obama's THEOLOGY is seen for what it is the election is lost. See:
http://miraclesdaily.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I doubt that this will have any affect on Obama. The press will try to make something of this but I don't think that it will stick.

If you think that this child's play between Obama and Clinton is just wait for the general election. I'm sure that what you are seeing now will pale in comparison.

Robert W. said...

I think you're completely wrong, Geoff, but we'll see. In the future, I'd love to see Condoleezza Rice or Larry Elder run for President. They don't support the whole victim mentality that has so shackled 91% of Black Americans to the Democrat party.