Thursday, June 14, 2007

Further Evidence of Canada's Toothless Justice System

News story: 6 years for beating senior to death

Gord MacDonald, on CKNW, was soliciting listener reaction to this. Every single caller was absolutely outraged. Here's the e-mail I sent him, which was read on-air:

An Honest Reaction For 2007

How do I feel about this 6 year sentence for brutally killing two elderly men? Quite honestly, I'm not surprised. In years past I would be shocked and outraged, but nowadays, after seeing verdict after verdict after verdict where the sentence was obviously much too light, why should any of us be surprised by this one?

I only hope that no one plays the race card. For in Canada in 2007, all victims - regardless of race or colour - are treated the same: Shabbily!

1 comment:

nachtwache said...

Yep! How about giving the people a voice, let us vote for judges! But that won't happen, politicians are so arrogant, thinking they know better than the "unwashed masses", they forget we employ them! In B.C. we don't have much to choose from, when we vote in the government. I do like Harper, he's a leader, who can make hard decisions and has integrity. I would like to be able to have a say, via referendums, like Switzerland has.