Sunday, March 19, 2006

Anti-Wireless Enforcement

I've heard that some movie theatres are looking to install devices that will block Cel phone signals. Furthermore, I've heard that some schools are looking to block both Cel phone signals and WiFi (Internet) signals during lectures.

Though I make my money in the tech industry and love technology in general, I do support both of these initiatives wholeheartedly. In the same way that the rules of the road probably took a few years to get developed a century ago, so it has taken a few years of bad technology usage behaviour to make people realize that some "rules" have to be enforced too. And since common sense and consideration of others seems to have been thrown out the window, the signals will be prevented from reaching the devices being used by the culprits ... and unfortunately everyone else too.

No comments: