Tuesday, April 14, 2009

BC Election: Early Polling

A new poll on B.C. politics was released by the Mustel Group today. Here are some key findings:

My 3 top political issues for some time have been these:

  1. Free Speech (not covered by this poll)
  2. Law and Order
  3. The Economy
So it's a no-brainer as to who I'm going to vote for. Doesn't mean I'm entirely happy with the provincial Liberals, because I'm not. But getting the NDP back in power will not do anything positive in the areas that are most important to me.

On the basic "Who would you vote for question?" the poll returned these results:
  • 52% - Liberals
  • 35% - NDP
That's a 17% gap. First, I don't believe it could possibly be that large. Second, I think that public perception of such a large gap will only hurt the Liberals, as many of their lukewarm supporters won't bother to go out to vote.

2 comments:

Mike said...

So because a majority of respondents in a poll think the Libs are better on the economy and crime, *you* think the Libs are better? Way ta think for yourself, buddy.

Robert W. said...

Amigo, you say that you've been a reporter and freelance writer. Yet reading comprehension and spelling don't seem to be your strong suits, do they?

How anyone could conclude what you have after reading what I've written is simply baffling.