I just landed a job ... that I didn't even apply for! Here's the e-mail I received:
show details Jan 16 (1 day ago)
Thank you for enquiry. We have chosen you for the position. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask them to one of our friendly consultants and one of our regional managers will be happy to supply you with all required information. In connection with our company service promotion we declare the next vacancies:
1) Financial Manager.
2) Shipping and Receiving Manager.
- Resident of USA;
- Fluent English;
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel(optional);
- Home Computer with e-mail account and ability to check your e-mail box at least twice a day;
- Adults only accepted (we cannot hire underage people);
- 1-3 hours free during the week (mainly in the evening / non-business hours) for communication and 2-4 hours a week more for transfer processing
- No criminal records and good credit history (your background will be verified with BAYCORP LTD)
Observances, learning capability, attentiveness and punctuality are welcomed.
Your occupation will be 1-2 hours per day. Some days will be completely vacant that means you may combine two jobs. The main idea it shouldn t make obstacles to work with our company.
Please visit our web site: http://www.summer-freight.com
Read operating conditions in section: For Employees
If you are sure that this job fits you go to http://www.summer-freight.com
After this our manager will call you to have confirmation and clarifying some questions. After this procedure we send you a contract for signing which you should send to the Company address. As soon as we receive a contract signed by you we start working.
And here's the home page of their website:
Looks very professional, doesn't it? But it's all an entire scam!! They're just hoping that you will register or "the job" and give them all kinds of confidential information. Scary, scary, scary!
I looked up who registered this site. It's some fellow [apparently] in Spain:
Bolek Dudek (BolekDudek@fontdrift.com)
Ctra. de la Puerta, 9