Sunday, August 13, 2006

Interesting Encounter

My friend, Kristi, and I went for Dim Sum on West Broadway. We then walked over to Granville to catch a bus to the North Shore. Just as we were approaching the intersection a man in an electric wheelchair rounded the corner. Without hesitation I said to her, "Let me introduce you to someone."

So I walked up to the man and said, "Mayor Sullivan, I would like to introduce you to my friend, Kristi, visiting from Chicago. Oh, and I'm Robert."

They shook hands and then I shook his hand too. She thought that I was joking around. After all, how on earth could she just walk up to the Mayor of Vancouver (it would never happen with Mayor Daley in Chicago) and how could the mayor possibly be a man in a wheelchair.

Only after several minutes, and me assuring her that he truly was our mayor, did it finally sink in! Then I realized that I didn't get a photo of the meeting!!

No comments: