Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Inspiring Movie

This evening I got to attend a special preview of the upcoming Disney friend, Invincible. Set in 1975, it's the true story of Vince Papale, a 30-year old man down on his luck in South Philadelphia. He loses his job and then his wife. With nothing to lose, he attends Open Tryouts held by the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, Dick Vermeil. It's a very inspiring story, all the better because it is based on a true story. The filmmakers did a terrific job making everything look like it was back in 1975.

Entering the theatre, I experienced something new. Because this was a preview, the studio went to great lengths to keep the movie from being illegally filmed. They searched each of us with a metal detector and I [temporarily] handed over my camera, which I almost always carry with me. During the showing, one of the guards scanned the audience with a special device that detects operating digital cameras. They're doing this, of course, because of the rampant piracy of movies that later appear on sites like this.

No comments: