Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Two New Heroes Of Mine

I'd like to introduce you to two amazing people. The fellow's name is Chris. He moved from Ontario last year and now works as a techie for Global TV here in Vancouver. He gave up most of his Sunday to help me pick up and distribute computers to various families throughout the city. Besides being a great guy, he's also super knowledgeable about computer hardware.

The lady is Annie, the same woman whose letters I featured here. Annie and her 3 teenage children live in a tiny one bedroom apartment in a not very great part of the city. But she's absolutely determed to improve the lives of her children. So now she's taking courses in Word & Excel and hopes to get a job later this year. Annie is very eloquent and I think would be a huge asset to any company. After she received the computer donation she wrote me this e-mail:

Hi Robert Just thought I would email you and say A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO YOU, FOR STARTING THIS UP TO HELP PEOPLE LIKE ME AND MY FAMILY. YOU HAVE A BIG HEART. I WAS REALLY HAPPY THAT I MET YOU YESTERDAY AND JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW HOW MUCH YOU HAVE HELPED US WITH THE COMPUTERS.

My daughters both went to work on their resumes as soon as you and Chris left. A big thank-you to Chris also. And to everyone else who donated their time and computers, etc.

P.S. I hope you have a great day today.

Annie

No comments: