Saturday, January 07, 2006

I need to get back to work :-(

It has now been nearly 3 weeks since I put my regular work on hold to focus exclusively on the Digital Divide project. As my parents and friends know, I've been ignoring them way too much since this all started. And I'm way behind in my work. This weekend I will make one more push to get computers to the families who need them but then after that my real work has to take precedence. I'll still devote as much spare time as possible to the fledgling BCDD but I can only hope that all understand that one can only do so much.

So many people have volunteered their time but it's a huge effort to get it all coordinated. Though it does trouble me to hold off on delivering computers to more needy families for a while, it's a necessity for the time being. With that said, I will see what can be done to connect donors to techies to drivers to recipients, albeit with me not on the critical path. It's so important to keep good records of this process though, for follow-up support and future educational opportunties of the children involved.

I can only hope that people can find the patience and understanding during this transition from "little Xmas project" to full-time not-for-profit charitable foundation. We'll see.

No comments: