Friday, December 14, 2007

Marriage: Selling Out

In a recent poll, 74% of American women in their 30's said that they'd marry for money. And these same women said that their affections could be bought off by some guy who had only $1.1 Million. Yikes ... on multiple fronts!

Here in Vancouver I have to wonder if the actual percentage would be more like 95 - 97% ? I say this quite honestly because in my own experience and that of many other great single guys I know, the not-even-very-well-concealed message is, "I want your money and if you ain't got it then I'm not interested."

The new "G" word of the New Millenium has got to be "golddigger"!!! But don't dare mention it if you're a man or else you're being impolite.

1 comment:

nachtwache said...

That is a sad statement for the values in our society. It's not just women either. One co-worker who's never married and is in his 50s wants a wife, but she has to have at least an apartment or a house, he doesn't want to support her. He has a sort of girlfriend who rents and even though he likes her, he doesn't want to marry her, because she's got no money.