Monday, November 19, 2007

How NOT to Make a Loaf of Bread!

A few years ago my Uncle Hector gave me his bread maker, along with this warning, "The only thing it's good for is making door stops. I hope it works better for you!"

And it has. I've made some terrific loaves of white bread, multigrain bread, and many other combinations. It's also proved highly effective at making pizza dough.

But I've always been VERY careful at using the precise ingredients called for by the recipe. Until now:

I tried making a loaf of white bread but decided to substitute the little bit of milk called for with Egg Nog. The result is what you see - a complete mess of what looks like crumble cake, combined with several 1 cm balls!

In retrospect, since the Egg Nog in question probably contained little to no actual milk, I highly suspect that it was the culprit. Oh well, I'll smash it up some, add some chopped apples, walnuts, and maple syrup, and have a dessert fit for a king ... well, maybe fit for a junior guard at the castle!

No comments: