Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Stylish Technology Design

As I detest crowds I don't usually do the "Boxing Day" thing but I stopped in at London Drugs and picked up a pair of cool products from the Dutch firm Boynq.

The first is a 4-way USB expander. I like it because it doesn't require a separate power supply. The other is a really cool tubular speaker called a "Vase". It's also powered from a USB port. Though it has a stereo input plug I'm not clear how much stereo quality one can get from a single audio device. But the sound is quite good, definitely rivaling the two large speakers I used to have in its place. The treble sounds come out of the top and the bass sounds come out of the bottom. It sure freed up a lot of space on my desk!

Each are just $9.99 this week during London Drugs' Boxing Week Sale.

No comments: