Friday, November 27, 2009

"Interesting" Quote from Bill Good

On his show this morning, there's a choice quote from Bill Good which you can listen to here, beginning at 54:57.  In discussing the possible stifling of free speech of a U.S. reporter, he said:

"I think it's very troubling to think that the border guards may be concerned or in some way able to censor somebody's thoughts or ideas coming into the country.  I think obviously you have to be careful who you're letting in and whether or not they present some kind of a physical danger but more dangerous to me is the idea of shutting down free speech and free debate and open debate about something - whether it's health care or the Olympics or whatever."

Strangely though, Bill Good's crusade for free speech and open debate doesn't extend to Global Warming.  Where I come from, we have a word for that:

H Y P O C R I T E

No comments: