Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Belinda Stronach and the "Dog" Comment

Background: Last week, Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister, Peter MacKay, allegedly made a comment comparing his ex-girlfriend, [now] Liberal MP, Belinda Stronach, with a dog. You can read more about it here.

Isn't it insightful that we have Canadian soldiers fighting and dying in Afghanistan, mass genocide occurring in Darfur, and a madman testing nuclear weapons in North Korea. Yet the Canadian media is absolutely obsessed with Peter MacKay's alleged "dog" comment. Interesting priorities.

There is one thing that has not been said yet, which is clearly a blatantly obvious "elephant in the room" type fact: How dare Peter MacKay slander the millions of dogs in Canada by comparing them to Belinda Stronach! After all, dogs are loyal, trustworthy, and honourable. Based on her personal & professional history of the past few years, clearly none of these traits can be remotely applied to Ms. Stronach.

So I do think Peter MacKay should apologize, but to our canine friends.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Buah ha! Gee, tell us what you REALLY think! ;)

nachtwache said...

boy that's good, how refreshing to see someone real, honest, with a sense of humor and common sense! I'm one of Hillary's anonymous readers, she doesn't know me, but knows my daughter, who's friends' blogs I sometimes read. Why, hmm, I work nights, don't have "a life", enjoy reading some blogs, one of them being Hillary's and of course my daughter's, I loved the "free hugs" clip too! Hope you don't mind the intrusion :)