Saturday, July 22, 2006

You, Me, and Dupree

I went to see this film with some trepidation. I was even more surprised that the lovely woman who invited me wanted to see it, as it seemed like a lowbrow flick, full of male teenage humour. But it was funny, really FUNNY! I was killing myself laughing throughout!

Checking the reviews at Rotten Tomatoes this morning, I was disappointed to see that it had only a 20% rating - very low. Oh well, it just confirms what I've long thought, that many of these high brow movie reviewers have a large piece of iron shoved you-know-where and can't let themselves relax and just enjoy a film for the simple pleasures it provides!

4 comments:

dgnyhk said...

I think the whole concept of reviewing films is whacked. Who's to say what I like will be what you like? Since when does something have to be good to be good?

Robert W. said...

Welllll ... Basic Instinct 2 is a pretty terrible movie and there are some other stinkers like it that movie reviewers can save people from wasting their time and money on!

dgnyhk said...

I'm sure there are fans of Sharon Sotne who would disagree with oyu on that one.

Robert W. said...

*I* am a *BIG* fan of Sharon Stone, but that movie was terrible. The script was just stupid!