Tuesday, July 11, 2006

It's A Wonderful Life - Part 57!!!

I truly lead a blessed life. Take today, for example. It kicked off with a client from Cincinnati calling to discuss some recent testing he had done with my software. Then I ploughed into some website design work I've been doing for another client. Around 2:30pm I received an unexpected call from a dear friend of mine who was in town from San Diego. Her name is Dr. Edith Eger and I built her website a few years ago. She was invited to Vancouver to give tomorrow's keynote address for the Young President's Organization (YPO).

I had never heard of this organization before. It's an exclusive networking group for people who have earned their first million dollars before they reached the age of 40. Some inherited it but many earned it from scratch. YPO arranged an amazing set of activities for them & their kids, starting off in Vancouver, followed by a train trip up to Banff & Lake Louise. Edie was invited as both a speaker and a mentor - in Vancouver and on the train trip.

During my visit to see her, she dictated to me her speech for tomorrow. I made a few suggestions but the bulk of it came directly from her mind, speaking in paragraphs. I had never helped anyone with something like that. It was a pretty profound experience. Here is the text of her speech. Just click on each page to see it full-size.




No comments: