Sunday, July 16, 2006

Vancouver Summer Morning

Minutes after I woke up this morning I decided to take my bicycle out for a spin. It was about 8:30am when I headed out and there were few people about. Vancouver just isn't a "rise & shine" kinda place, doubly so on the weekends. The water was absolutely beautiful. It was warm, but not excessively hot.

Who were out & about were a flotilla of dragon boaters, practicing their craft.




Here's a shot of David Lam park in Yaletown. I love the vantage point of this area from the seawall. Marring the view right now is the leaky tower being repaired. Rumour has it that most all of the towers in Yaletown will have to be redone - with repairs to each condo owner often at $40,000+ each! But for political reasons they're only going to do one at a time. I'll be most interested to see if the green tarps move to another building after this one is complete.

No comments: