Wednesday, July 26, 2006

One of those crazy nights!

This evening I went out with a friend of mine to watch a huge fireworks display. On the way back I had a burgundy & white Mexican blanket wrapped around my neck and over my shoulders. This seemed to cause very strange things to happen.

First, we passed this one young fellow, clearly inebriated on something. He asked us, "Either of you have an education?" We ignored him but he repeated the same thing. So I responded, "Yes."

He paused for a moment and then said, "So tell me, what does 'Hezbollah' mean?"

"Army of God", I said. He seemed puzzled that I would know this. Rather than wait around for more silly questions, he just speeded off.

Then after I left my friend at her place, a few minutes later a guy came hurriedly down the hill and blurted out, "Who is Eddie Van Halen's wife?"

I gave him a puzzled look and then said, "I don't know. Wait, it's Heather Locklear."

"No, no, no", he said, "she has dark hair and is Italian." I walked away but found the answer in my memory a few minutes later.

What I can't figure out is why a Mexican blanket around my shoulders makes these guys think I'm a Walking Google ! ! !



No comments: