Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Wonderful Article about BCDD

There's a wonderful article about BC Digital Divide in the new edition of the Langley Advance newspaper. It focuses on our Langley-based tech, Stan, and his family. You can read it here. Very, very touching! Don't tell anyone, but I found it difficult to keep my eyes dry while reading it.

Stan's wife, Thelma, was one of my neighbourhood pals when I was about 4 or 5 years old. My mom babysat her and we went to Kindergarten and Grade 1 together at what is now City Square Mall. We continued on to the same high school but lost touch after that. Then when I got some publicity on BCTV just before this past Christmas, she recognized and subsequently contacted me.

Stan & Thelma and their daughter are some of the finest people I have ever met. They're completely genuine and incredibly giving to their community, long before they got involved with BCDD. The article is a fitting tribute to these absolutely wonderful people! Vancouverites are often accused of being unfriendly and phoney. Perhaps so in a lot of cases, but there are some notable exceptions.

No comments: