Sunday, June 18, 2006

Tip #1 from the Male Oprah

I have a buddy who constantly amazes me with his insight. This fellow spends more time contemplating the way women think, than women do thinking about the things he says they do. That last sentence is actually grammatically correct but you may need to read it 3 times to make sense of it!

Friday morning we were sitting in a local coffee shop and a tall, slender blonde woman came in. After getting her coffee she sat down at the table next to us for a few minutes and then left. He scolded me afterwards: "How come you didn't take the opportunity to chat her up?" I responded, "How on earth do you know she's single?"

"Oh, she is," he said, "I can tell." Then he added, "the best days of the week to meet a new woman are Thursdays and Fridays." I asked him why. "Because no woman who is single looks forward to spending the weekend alone. She might just be looking for dinner and nice conversation, but she'd much rather spend the time with even a mildly charming guy than on her own."

I have no idea if this is true or if he's just blowing smoke ... but I'll continue to post his many tips in the future. All comments from single women most welcome!

No comments: