Saturday, April 15, 2006

A Little Insight Into Software Programming

As my friends & family know, I'm in the final stages of completing Version 1.0 of Pocket Pollster, a product that has consumed my life for some time now. Discussions on the topic of software programming are ones I don't engage in very often. Most people are not conversant in the work I do, nor would they be particularly interested. Yet everyday is one full of new inventions, inspiration, and yes, some frustration at times too.

But I just implemented an improvement that everyone can appreciate. The first screenshot shown was an original panel, with a plain background. I did some research and discovered a way to apply a linear gradient background that is much more visually appealing. Though this doesn't functionally change anything in the software, it makes it look more professional, which is a key aspect of getitng more people to use it.

If you happen to be a C#.net developer and would like the code behind this implementation, then do know that you can download it here and use it in your WinForms applications.

No comments: