Friday, April 14, 2006

Interesting Easter Friday

My day started off quite differently than most. At 9am mi amigo and fellow engineer, Rodolfo, came by to pick up me and 2 computer monitors. We drove to the home of a Colombian family that also attend his church. The family is relatively new to Vancouver, have lots of kids, and could really use some computer technology.

Rodolfo lives quite close to there so I told him I didn't need a ride home. He dropped me off in the middle of an interesting ethnic shopping area (49th & Fraser). Most of the stores were closed, since it was a holiday. I continued on down to 41st Avenue where I thought I'd get a bus. But none were visible so I just started walking west. And walking ... and walking. When I got to Oakridge Mall I went in and headed directly to the Food Fair. I had a Wonton soup and two very tasty eggrolls.

By this point I was still quite far from home, but I decided to walk the rest of the way. I walked throug the grounds of my old high-school, Eric Hamber, at 33rd & Oak, and then entered the beautiful Shaughnessy neighbourhood. The further north I went, the larger the houses grew. Along the way I saw these magnificent magnolias.

Just before I got home I saw this beautiful pink flower. It was a long walk but a great way to start the day!

1 comment:

Hillary said...

if that's the route you took, you practically walked right past my house! :)