Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Don't Take Good Customer Service For Granted

I tried a little experiment recently. It failed miserably.

For the past year I've been using a big local company, Shaw, as my Internet Service Provider. They've provided high-speed Internet (quite fast) for Cdn$55.81 per month. A colleague of mine kept bugging me to try another company - a so-called "3rd party provider" - for about $25 per month. Quite the savings! So I made the switch.

But it was a disaster from the start. I lost Internet for about 4 days and then everytime I tried to reach their customer service, it took at least 40 minutes. Today, when my Internet stopped working again, I couldn't even get through!

So I switched back, albeit not with the same premium package I had before. And customer service only takes about 2 - 3 minutes to get through.

I guess sometimes you get what you pay for!

No comments: