Monday, February 20, 2006

Ever Wish You Could Take Something Back?

Have you ever said something incredibly stupid & hurtful, completely by accident and without even thinking? I did, this past evening. I don't know why I said it, but alas I did. Idiot, idiot, idiot.

I made my comment about a longtime friend to some common acquaintances. I don't know if they'll ever repeat it to him but the way the gossip tree works, it probably wouldn't take that long. So I bit the proverbial bullet and apologized to him directly. Who knows what'll transpire from this but I felt it was the right thing to do after clearly doing something so terribly wrong.

It's time to do more thinking and less talking for a while.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

eep, I find myself in that situation a lot. Things come out of my mouth and I'm like, "Did I really just say that?" Either that or I say something jokingly and forget that some people are more sensitive than I am, and what would be totally no big deal to me actually hurt them. Ooooh, I hate that feeling.

Good on ya for apologizing! Crow doesn't taste very good, does it?