Monday, January 17, 2011

Hit & Run Leftists

Here's a very educational new article by Tim Blair. My favourite line was this: "That’s not to say that Palin isn’t capable of influencing thought. She clearly has great influence over Krugman and his kind."

This reminds me of a back & forth conversation I had with a mid-20's English bloke on YouTube about a year ago. He was smearing Palin ad nauseum with unfounded comments similar to this. I got him to focus in on a few specifics.

The first example he provided was his claim that Palin didn't know that Africa was a continent. It took me 20 seconds to find this. I carefully & politely pointed out to him that this rumour about Palin was circulated by ... wait for it ... A NONEXISTENT PERSON!!!

Did he step back and question the stupidity of his earlier assertion? Nope. Not for a second.

That, in a nutshell, is the Modern Left in action - hit & run, hit & run, hit & run!

No comments: