Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Juan Williams' Firing - A Corollary



Expressing honest feelings of fear about Muslim men appears to be absolutely verboten amongst the Politically Correct Left Elitists. There's no question about that. But putting the whole Muslim issue aside for a moment, let's look at how incredibly insane today's politically correct environment is.

Isn't it odd that it is acceptable to say this:

"On a recent trip to what was East Berlin, I was driving through a neighborhood and saw a number of young white male skinheads hanging out on a street corner when I stopped for a red light. It made me very nervous."

Though it is unacceptable to say this:

"On a recent trip to the south side of Chicago, I was driving through a neighborhood and saw a number of young black men hanging around a street corner when I stopped for a red light. It made me a little nervous."

Both are acceptable reactions. Both are likely what 99.9% of the population would feel, yet expressing one view would likely get you fired if you said it publicly. What a strange world we live in!

No comments: