Sunday, January 03, 2010

Standing Up for a Few of My Friends

I build software for a living.  These days I'm very blessed in that I have a steady, longterm contract for some time to come.  Such is not the case for many other software developers I know.  A place some of them turn to look for new contracts is the Computer Gigs section of Craigslist.  Here's the one for Vancouver.

Periodically I check the posted ads here more out of curiosity than anything.  Tonight I came across this one:


If found it more amusing (read "stupid") than anything so I put on my Rant Hat and posted a reply online:

It was meant primarily for humour purposes but if others can gain a little education from it then all the better.  In all seriousness though, the #1 gripe of many I.T. professionals is how undervalued their services are by some truly ignorant souls ... some of whom may be friends & family members!  :-)

No comments: