Friday, January 08, 2010

Amy Alkon's Experience at Toronto's Pearson Airport

Amy Alkon, author of I See Rude People, recently had a TV appearance in Toronto.  On her way back home to Los Angeles, her experience was less than positive:

Before I left LA, I called the airline to find out what the restrictions would be for flying to and from Canada, in the wake of the Panty Bomber. Could I bring my travel bag, which is just big enough to hold my purse, neck pillow, and warm socks for the plane, and could I bring my laptop bag? No problem, I was told. And it was no problem on my flight from O'Hare to Toronto.

However, when I got to the airport in Toronto to catch my flight back to LA, I heard an announcement that passengers could only take only a small purse on the plane (12 inches or less), and a laptop or small personal item.

I was furious. Thank you, Islam! I flashed on "the Verse of the Sword," commanding Muslims to convert or kill "the infidel," and then to my car ride to my hotel the day before. 

Full article

No comments: