Monday, July 06, 2009

Driving Journey: Day 3: Gold Beach

34 miles north of the Oregon-California border is the lovely community of Gold Beach. I had last stayed here in December 2004 when I drove down to San Francisco. The night before I had actually checked Hotwire to see if there were any deals on the southern Oregon Coast but there were not. So I drove past a few hotels and decided upon the Pacific Reef. The lady at the check-in desk was super nice and really made me feel welcome.


The room I got wasn't as fancy as the other ones on my trip but was more than adequate.
The Pacific Reef lady also made a reservation for me at Spinner's Restaurant, which I had immensely enjoyed 4½ years before.
The beer was good and . . .
the dinner was even better! A great end to a verrrrry long day!

1 comment:

Brett said...

I just stayed at the Pacific Reef last month. I saw some whales from my hotel room window.

If you get into Grants Pass, Oregon you should take the Hellgate Jetboat Tour. The Rogue River is incredible.