Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Quick Tip When Buying a Car

Recently, when I purchased my car, the dealer wanted $1,600 to apply 4 different "Platinum Shield Protections" to it.  I balked at the high price.  They offered to lower it down to $1,200 but by then I had already done my research and found a 3rd Party place in town that did EXACTLY the same thing for $380.  In fact, dealers use them too.  This sort of insane markup is apparently standard practice in the industry

Don't buy the argument that "someone else may not do it correctly".  If you do your research and find a shop that offers this guarantee, then you'll know that you're getting exactly the same work done as if you had gone to the dealer.  In fact, if you put a hidden GPS tracker on your car, you might find out that it's being done by exactly the same people, albeit at 3 to 4 times the price.  Buyer beware!

No comments: