I was born & raised in Vancouver and have lived back here for the past decade. What I'm seeing downtown is breaking my heart. But let's be clear about a few things:
- The vast majority of Vancouverites are DISGUSTED by what they're seeing.
- The violence is being perpetrated by a few hundred people, with a few thousand more cheering them on. THESE individuals are indeed the DREGS of my city. But they don't constitute the majority.
- Any hint that these PATHETIC JERKS are "fans" is false. Fans don't burn cars. Fans don't fight the police. Fans don't bring Molotov Cocktails with them.
- The police will be blamed for this within a few days.
- Little to nothing will be done to the perpetrators, no matter how much evidence the police have against them.
I'm both sad and livid.