Sunday, September 19, 2010

Scratch a Leftist, Find an Anti-Semite

My friends on the Left are kind, considerate people.  If they weren't, they wouldn't be my friends.  But why is it that much too often when one sees commentary from people advocating Leftist policies there frequently is a devolution into attacks against Jews?  I've heard assorted theories on this phenomenon but none really make much sense.

Let me share with you Example #53,721 of an anti-Semitic Leftist.  Tony, an acquaintance of mine in Texas published this video:



The comments therein were "interesting", with most advocating for more & more tax dollars to be taken from the people by the government. But look at this very telling comment from a man of the Left:


Update: An acquaintance of mine, a gay woman in Ontario, chastised me for attacking all people on the Left as anti-Semites.  Not only did I never say that, I've never even thought it.  Here's an abridged version of what I wrote back to her:

Throughout my life I have been constantly told that because I believe in fiscal responsibility, personal accountability, less government, and more liberty that I am: A far right wing conservative, selfish, greedy, cruel, don't care about the poor, don't care about women, hate minorities, and host of other such things. At the same time I have been told that everyone on the Left side of the political spectrum is: Kind, compassionate, caring, loving, non-sexist, non-racist, etc.

All of those things said about me are not true. And I relish the opportunity to provide examples that deflate the balloon of the 2nd half of the equation.

You [and your partner] are absolutely wonderful people who I enjoyed meeting during your time in Vancouver. One thing we can agree on though is that you have not walked in my shoes here on Canada's Left Coast and received almost weekly propaganda such as I explained above. I am not claiming to be a victim but I do admit that I'm absolutely sick of the Big Lie.

No comments: