Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Why I Listen to Talk Radio

In response to this interesting blog post, I left this comment:

I live up in the Great White North aka Canuckistan. All of my life I've been indoctrinated with Left and Extreme Left programming on Canadian and American TV newscasts. I never bought into it but until the advent of talk radio and the Internet I could do nothing more than throw a shoe at the TV.

I gave up Cable TV in 1990 and then TV altogether in 2002. Haven't looked back ... at all!

So in its place I listen to talk radio. The 3 shows I listen to daily [M-F] are:

Anyone who claims that these are "extreme right-wing thoughtless" radio programs has either never heard them and/or is deeply entrenched in their own mindless Left paradigm. For more truth & common sense emanates from them than all TV news shows combined!

I don't agree with all of the views of these gentlemen, though their views & mine coincide much of the time. That is something I'm both proud of and comforted by - think Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, realizing that *he* is *not* the crazy one!

No comments: