Monday, April 24, 2006

Strange Sighting

Yesterday I was walking in a retail area of Vancouver when I saw a fellow walking across the major street at a crosswalk. He seemed to be fiddling with his wallet and suddenly most everything fell out. He didn't seem rattled by this and started slowly putting everything back in. But lo and behold some bills started flying away. I could tell from the colour that one was a fifty (red) and one was a five (blue). He was listening to music via large headphones on his head and seemed oblivious to this.

A street person, begging at a local shop, saw what was happening and darted out onto the street - at great risk to his own safety - to fetch the $50 and the $5. The owner was oblivious to this too so I motioned to him that the fellow was retrieving his money. He casually walked over and got the money from the fellow. He didn't give the guy a cent for his troubles.

If you were in my shoes, what would you have thought about all this?

No comments: